Helpful Documents and HOWTOs
Convert Wordperfect files to Microsoft Word format
Purpose: The BLM has adopted a policy to use Word and no longer supports the isntallation of WordPerfect on BLM computers. This document will help you convert your older WordPerfect (WPD) Documents to a Microsoft Word format for continued use.
- From within MS Word open a new file.
- Be sure that Files of type are set to All Files (*.*).
- Browse to the location that the Word Perfect document is saved.
- Click on the document and then Click Open.
- After the document is converted you may need to make some formatting changes. Remember that tables and graphics do not convert well, if at all.
- To save the document in MS Word, go to the File Menu, Save As.
- Make sure the Save as type is set to Word Document (*.doc) You can also change the File name at this time.
- Click Save.