Incident Human Resource Specialist Position (HRSP) Information Station
The HRSP Information Station is designed to help individuals serving in these positions, on wildland
fire incidents, easily obtain the information needed to effectively fulfill
their incident role.
Human Resource Specialist
- Provide a point of contact for Incident Personnel to discuss human
resource and civil rights concerns.
- Keep Incident Management informed of concerns and possible resolutions
of potential base camp issues that could lead to a hostile work environment.
- Participate in daily briefings and planning meetings to provide appropriate
human resource and civil rights information.
- Prepare/Submit human resource messages to the daily Incident Action
Plan (IAP), and post on incident bulletin boards.
- Conduct fact finding and provide documentation to appropriate home
unit official for unresolved issues.
- As requested by Incident Personnel, provide referral information to
appropriate resource (i.e. NFFE, EEO Counselors etc.)
- Make a concerted effort to resolve issues informally, quickly, legally,
and at the lowest impacted level before the parties involved leave the
- Assist/Facilitate appropriate Critical Incident Stress Defusing/Debriefing/
Management procedures with IMT and CISM Team.
Southwest Coordination Center CISM website
CISM Guidelines for Fire Mgmt
Forest Service Region 5 Human Resource Specialist (HRSP)