Servicing Human Resource Office
Servicing Human Resources Officer (SHRO) or Employee Relations Specialist
Determined by National, Regional or Local as designated by Bureau/Agency.
New Exam Process
Notifies Department of the Interior Medical Standards Program (DOI MSP) at firstname.lastname@example.org when WLFF receives a non-clearance determination from a clinic.
Notifies Wildland Fire Safety Program Manager (WFSPM) if medical condition of WLFF changes. If the WLFF develops a change in medical status (injury or illness) between yearly medical exams that prevents them from performing arduous duty lasting longer than three consecutive weeks, contact the DOI MSP at email@example.com or call 888-286-2521.
Coordinates and participates in the interactive 1st and 2nd level Risk
Mitigation/Waiver Process (RM/W) (Risk Mitigation/Waiver Process)
1st Level Risk Mitigation/Waiver Process
- Receives a non-clearance notification from the WLFF after clinic visit (back page).
- Sends the initial letter to WLFF (1.2_Initial_Letter_to_WLFF) within five calendar days of receipt of the non-clearance notification
- Receives initial letter back from WLFF: participate/not participate in the Risk Mitigation/Waiver Process
- Forwards the draft Risk Mitigation/Waiver to the WFSPM (1.5 Email_to_WFSPM_ Recommendation)
- Receives the WFSPM's advice for the RM/W draft, and revises as needed
Forwards the draft RM/W to MO (1.7_Email_MO_Decision)
- Notifies the WLFF of MO's 1st level decision memo
- Unacceptable Risk decision (1.9c WLFF_Unacceptable_Risk_Decision)
Scans PDF and attaches a copy of the decision memo to the email and sends it to DOI MSP at firstname.lastname@example.org (1.10 _Email_ to_DOI-MSP_Decision_Notification)
- Receives notification from the WLFF of intent to participate in 2nd level review
- If applicable, receives request for extension from FMO
- Notifies DOI MSP of WLFF's intent to participate in DOI MRB (2.3 Email_to_DOIMSP_Intent_to_Participate_DOIMRB)
2nd Level Risk Mitigation/Waiver Process
- Sends WLFF's 1st level RM/W working file to DOI MSP
- Receives MO's 2nd level decision memo
- Receives WLFF's change of status
- Ensures the decision memo is disseminated to FMO, WLFF, DOI MSP
- The SHRO informs Employee Relations/Labor Relations (ER/LR) of Unacceptable Risk Determination or Voluntary Removal from RM/W process. The ER/LR is responsible for notifying the union.
- Obtains the WLFF's electronic Employee Medical Record (EMR) from the contracted medical provider (MDI) and forwards the Risk Mitigation/Waiver, Waiver with Restrictions or equivalent to Management Official (MO) for review. The MO makes one of three decision options and signs the MO Decision Amendment (MO_Decision_Amendment_Job_Aid) and responds back to the SHRO within 5 days.
- If Acceptable Risk, the SHRO forwards the signed MO Decision Amendment to the contracted medical provider (MDI), where it will be filed in the WLFF's electronic EMR.
- If the MO's decision is Acceptable Risk with Conditions of the existing Risk Mitigation/Waiver, the WLFF has 10 days to review and accept additional conditions as defined by the MO; or the decision moves to Unacceptable and the WLFF starts the 1st level Risk Mitigation Process from the beginning, under the identified time frames.
- If Unacceptable Risk, the SHRO contacts the DOI MSP with a cc. of the MO Decision Amendment and the DOI MSP tracks the 1st level Risk Mitigation/Waiver Process.
- SHRO assists WLFF who requests that their Waiver with Restrictions prior to 2010 be reevaluated under the Risk Mitigation/Waiver Process (Risk_Mitigation_Waiver_Amendment_Flowchart_Job_Aid).
- SHRO assists the WLFF who has an existing Risk Mitigation, Waiver, or Waiver with Restrictions that needs to be reevaluated by the MO when the WLFF's related medical condition changes significantly (MO_Decision_Amendment_Job_Aid).