Applicant/Incumbant Wildland Firefighter (WLFF)
New Exam Process
Notifies FMO if medical condition changes. If the WLFF develops a change in medical status (injury or illness) between yearly medical exams that prevents them from performing arduous duty lasting longer than three consecutive weeks, contact the DOI MSP at email@example.com or call 888-286-2521.
Attends exam with required information/items
- Confirm exam payment arrangements with FMO or SHRO before your exam
- Completed and signed exam paperwork
- Photo ID
- Corrective lenses (if applicable)
- Bring pertinent medical information for existing medical issues
- Supporting documents from personal physician
- Ensure all appropriate testing listed on the exam form is completed at the time of your exam
- Return your completed exam to your FMO or SHRO
- Ensure you receive a "Cleared" determination at the time of exam before you take the Work Capacity Test (WCT)
- Inform your FMO if your medical status (injury or illness) changes between medical exams.