Instructors and Unit Leaders are encouraged to customize training to reach your target audience. Reference material may include the 2014 IRPG, Fireline Handbook and other agency specific material and are available for purchase through your local cache system.
Each module download includes a video, Student Workbook and Instructor Guide.
Tips for Developing Your Program
- Follow the guidance for Annual Fireline Safety Refresher Training in the Interagency Standards for Fire and Fire Aviation Operations (Red Book) or your agency equivalent. www.nifc.gov/policies/pol_ref_redbook.html
- Review the Website for material relevant to your audience.
- Select Modules / Add to Cart and build your program.
- Click Download Button and wait. (Downloads will take time)
- Prepare Instructional Material. To avoid embarrassment, carefully prepare your presentation and rehearse the exercises.
- Additional instructional material, such as relevant links and articles, are provided with each module.